THE TEMPLE OF GOD
“Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” 1 Corinthians 3:16
In the Old Testament, temple of God was a physical building in Jerusalem, but in the New Testament, the physical body of every child of God is the temple of God. When you surrender your life to Jesus Christ, your body becomes the temple of God, and your heart serves the throne of God.
DEFILING THE TEMPLE OF GOD
Many Christians and preachers claim that God is only interested in their hearts and nothing with their body, and so they can do anything with their bodies. Such teaching and notion is from the pit of hell, very deceptive and destructive; the same Christians ask God to heal their bodies when they are sick and also ask God to protect their bodies, so if God is not interested in their bodies, why will God heal their bodies from sickness? If they think their faith in God has nothing to do with God, why will they ask God to heal or protect the their body from attacks?
Jesus Christ died for our soul, spirit and body, to give freedom, not only for our soul but also our body. When you become a child of God, your body is no longer your body but God’s temple, whatever you do with it is very important to God. Involving in any act that defiles God’s temple attracts serious judgment of God. “If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.” 1 Corinthians 3:17.
ACTS OF DEFILING GOD’S TEMPLE
Here are some acts that defile God’s temple, which every child of God should flee from:
(1) SMOKING: Smoking is not just a wrong against one’s health, but also it is a sin of defiling God’s temple after salvation. After you are genuinely saved, going back to smoke is destructive to your spirit, soul and body, it defiles God’s temple – your body, and it attracts God’s judgment.
(2) DRINKING ALCOHOL: Drinking alcohol was not allowed in the temple of God in the Old Testament, “Do not drink wine or intoxicating drink, you, nor your sons with you, when you go into the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die.” Leviticus 10:9; and how much more do you expect with the temple redeemed by the Blood of Jesus? The reason why drinking alcohol is a forbidden thing to a genuine child of God is because his body is the temple of God, and alcohol is not allowed in the temple of God.
(3) TATTOO: Painting tattoo to the body is only meant for the gentiles, the unbelievers who owe their own bodies for their destruction, but when your body becomes the temple of God, redeemed by the precious Blood of Jesus, it becomes sinful and evil to paint tattoo on your body. “You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” Leviticus 19:28 “I AM THE LORD OF YOUR BODY AFTER YOU SURRENDER YOUR LIFE TO ME, NOT YOUR OWN ANYMORE” – JESUS CHRIST.
(4) BLEACHING: Toning and bleaching skin is an act of defiling the temple of God. When you become a child of God through repentance, your body belongs to Jesus, and you dare not do anything to your body that will not glorify God. Bleaching and toning skin is evil and destructive.
(5) MASTURBATION: Masturbation is an act of manipulating one’s body for sexual pleasure, it is forbidden by every genuine child of God, because our body is the temple of God and we cannot manipulate it. Masturbation actually mean having sex with demon; since it is for sexual pleasure and it usually involves two people; in masturbation, the other person is invisible and that is demon. When you surrender your life to Jesus completely, you must resist and reject the demon of masturbation when he comes back to play with you.
(6) ORAL SEX: Either in marriage or outside marriage, oral sex is an immoral act of working against the normal cause of nature, it is turning the cause of nature upside down by using what is meant for oral for sex and what is meant for sex for oral; but since your body is the temple of God, you will not want to turn the temple of God upside down, you know God will not take that for granted?
(7) FORNICATION & ADULTERY: These are the worst of all sins, because sexual immorality is the only sin that cuts across spirit, soul and body at the same time. it’s a serious sin that poisons the whole system. Sexual immorality is a sacrifice that empowers the kingdom of darkness, what it means is that whenever sexual immorality is being committed, demons are readily present to empower themselves. Bodies or places where sexual immorality is being committed are filled with demons. Since your body becomes the temple of God, it is a must to keep yourself and flee from every form of sexual immorality. If you have involved in such before, you repent, ask Jesus to cleanse you and do not go back into it.
DESTRUCTION FOR DEFILING GOD’S TEMPLE
“If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.” 1 Corinthians 3:17.
There is grave judgment of God for anyone who defiles temple of God by any act. If you have been involving in any of these acts, you have to repent and ask God to forgive you and turn to Him in a new life completely.
Romans 12:1-2, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM if you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:
This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751
Our website: rtemoutreach.org